Join The Tribe – The Official Street Team for Fans of my Books
The Tribe is a group for fans of my work who'd like to band together to show their support and be more involved with the various book-related shenanigans that seem to go on around here.
The Tribe will be a great way for members to connect with me and with each other, and we'll all work together to spread the love of good books. It's all about participation, mutual support and enjoyment.
What’s in it for us readers?
The Tribe is a way for me to give back to my readers. As a member, you get to join the Facebook Group and help spread the word about my books. In return, you will receive:
- A Special Facebook members-only group where we can have entertaining discussions on the books, reading, and anything else you'd like to talk about.
- Occasional fun challenges with prizes if you complete the challenge. The prizes will include personalised things like audio messages recorded just for you.
- Insider information about my works in progress, writing process, publishing, and cool info not on general release.
- If you run your own blog, you will be first in line to host any special events such as excerpts, cover reveals, and giveaways.
- Exclusive newsletter content not available to anyone else.
- Special Q&A sessions within the Facebook group.
- And anything else we can jolly well think of!
Ways for Street Team members to participate:
All of these are optional. They're suggestions of ways that you can get involved and spread the word about my books.
- Join the Facebook group where we can chat and get to know each other.
- Share your reviews of any of my books.
- Invite other readers to join our team.
- Share special events such as book launches on social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.
- Run contests on your blog.
- Spread the word to family and friends about my books.
- Take promotional materials to local writers groups, coffee shops, conventions, etc.
- Suggest one of my books to a book club in your area.
- Recommend my books to your local library.
- Talk the books up at your local indie store.
- Post flyers in places like school news boards, coffee shops, grocery stores, etc.
- Post honest reviews on any site like Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, etc.
- Add my books to your Goodreads lists.
- If you have a blog, join in on launch days and cover reveals.
- Post about author news such as awards, appearances, etc.
What's all this crazy talk of tribes all of a sudden?
If you've read Trespass then you'll know a little about the role of Neolithic tribes in the Darkeningstone world. In the next novel, Outcast, the idea of Tribes is even more important.