mikeycampling.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
mikeycampling.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23 April, 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address when you subscribe to a newsletter – this is done in order to comply with EU law.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided for that purpose.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
NB Please note that all email newsletters on this site are “double opt-in”, i.e. you must complete a form and then confirm your acceptance in a subsequent automated email.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- you may unsubscribe at any time from any of our email newsletters or services – there are always links within the emails to make this as simple and convenient as possible
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, please read the details carefully so that you understand the purpose of the form
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct communication purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances, but we may pass your information to law enforcement agencies if we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, e.g. we may mention books by other authors if we think you may enjoy reading them, however, you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Just in Time Team, Beta Readers, ARC readers
If you sign up to be an advanced reader, e.g. a member of the just in time team, a beta reader, or an ARC reader, you will be emailed in relation to the books you have signed up to read. Typically there will be three or four emails for each book. If signing up for one of these groups, it's important that you're happy to receive these housekeeping emails, e.g. reminders to provide feedback. If these emails would make you feel pestered or annoyed, it's better not to sign up.